Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday 17 January 2010

True Blue Singaporean Baby

I am proud to announce that Joshton is a true blue Singaporean baby, and this is how he shows it:

a) He knows how to say "Singapore"! I must say it caught me by surprise as so far his words are limited to 2 syllables and the first 3-syllable word he said is Singapore. I think he's very proud of himself cos he kept repeating this word for the past 2 days.

b) He ends his words with 'ah' - Eg "Ma-mee-ah" for Mommy; "mei-you-ah" for Don't Have. Sounds very typical Singaporean rite? :)

Anyway the speed at which kids pick up new things is simply amazing. At times Josh can immediately repeat the words that I said even though he has just heard it for the first time. And he can remember things that he learned from the picture books very well, and can point to them correctly. Last week, I showed him a picture of some turtle swimming in the ocean from a book and he actually picked up the green turtle from his ocean creature bath toys and said "Turtle". It's really a fun stage now to watch him learn and speak new words everyday!

No comments: