Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Daddy's back & house hunting

DH finally touched down yesterday early morning at 5+. I woke up at 4+ am to get ready to go to the airport to welcome him back. Really glad to have him back, though I did enjoy my alone time with Josh, even though it was tough to handle him on my own. The last 2 weekends were quite peaceful, all thanks to iphone & tv, which kept him entertained whenever I had to go away to cook or bathe. However, Josh did remember the terrible 1st weekend, so since then my position as his no. 1 choice has fallen to no. 2 after grandma :(

For the past weeks I had been intensively hunting for a new flat at Bt Panjang area while DH was away, and it's really tiring. Also brought Josh along to check if he's comfortable with the flat that we were viewing, as they said kids are more "sensitive". Some flats he would refuse to stay inside and kept saying "Go home & see snowy"..and immediately headed straight out of the door. Guess you really have to trust a kid's instinct.

There was a unit that I fell in love with as the reno was fanstastic and it looked like a show flat. I went to view last Sat but as DH only came back yesterday, so we went yesterday nite again for him to view it. Sadly, our agent informed us today that the flat was sold. We were just 1 step too late :( Back to square one again and we have to restart the hunt. I had seen so many units, even came across one that the neighbour was harrassed by loansharks as there was a notice on the door. With lots of factors to consider - is the location convenient, amenities, neighbours, condition, facing, noise level, any good schools nearby etc - gosh it's actually quite a stressful process to find your next dream house. Not to mention that the new govt rulings are not helping, either we have 30% cash + cpf on hand, or we have to sell off our house first and meantime try to find a place to camp for 2-3 months to reduce the cash payment portion. Josh now remembers our block no. and which floor we stay, and we have lots of wonderful memories staying here. I would probably get quite emo when we really move.

No comments: